Jon Rahm - LIV Golf

Paul Casey going to LIV doubled as a retirement announcement. He was Data Golf and OWGR #24 after his last PGA Tour event, the 2022 PLAYERS Championship. He has not played in another major since signing with LIV and never will. Sad!

3 Likes

I mean you are kind of sort of having it both ways here by saying well if he played well on PGA he’d also be big. But Niemann has been one of biggest stories this year while he’s played well

Name calling against people who like LIV is what every PGA defender seems to do, I don’t get it. I follow and watch PGA golf and just think it’s much better for broader golf world to have this innovation and competition.

Brysons profile was very low in recent years, his YouTube profile is quite big now and that would never happen on the PGA Tour.

Casey was maybe a stretch but when he was on the PGA tour he just got lost in shuffle for me, sort of like a poor man’s Henley. So while he was really good I just never noticed him. Now he won a team title and is playing quite well. But he’s not on level of Niemann, bland, Bryson who have seen these big leaps.

I guess it depends on what perspective you look from, from just casual fan perspective almost all profiles drop because no one watches LIV

LIV would benefit in the team portion if they actually did match play formats instead of aggregate score. It wont be the Ryder Cup but direct competition and a teammate next to you would get the juices flowing more than they do now.

2 Likes

they could keep doing the aggregate score for most of the calendar as if it was ‘‘regular season’’ just to get a ranking and clear out a few teams.

And then the top 8 teams compete in a ‘‘playoff style’’ tournament for the final month of the season or something like that, where it’s like a ryder cup. Team vs Team for 2-3 days, winner gets to the next round. 3 weeks later you have a champion team for the year and you get 3 weeks of match play style golf to close out the team aspect of the game.