LIV Golf Discussion

I don’t dislike PGAT golf! I think it has massively improved thanks to LIV competition!

It’s you guys who are PGAT fans who loudly act like more and better produced golf is some affront to the sport

the fact that you are literally unable to even attempt understand someone else’s viewpoint is a bit of a giant red flag as to your own personal motivation. But yes, when I watch golf I love something like the Masters or British Open presentation. Watching LIV literally hurts my eyes. The screen is too busy. Let’s just say they aren’t winning an Emmy any time soon.

I watch a ton of DP World Tour so it’s a bit dishonest to say I am a PGA tour fan.

But you clearly chose PGAT vs LIV. I mean it’s not a serious statement to say you can’t watch golf bc the leaderboard is too colorful. That’s what people say when they can’t think of a reason but already decided they don’t like something. You might not even realize it but that’s the entire point of the all out attack through controlled media and propaganda put out by PGAT. So you think you are just naturally deciding to dislike LIV but you can’t even think of anything other than don’t like colors. Like if you are a golf fan you like LIV. But most have been warped into PGAT fans

I haven’t chosen anything. I’ve been watching professional golf for more than 40 years. LIV appeared. I watched a little. I found it difficult to watch so I reduced how much I watch. I digest zero “media” related to golf. I just watch tournaments on TV.

Look at something like soccer. I love watching EPL on the weekend. But I can’t stand the LaLiga broadcasts. They are terrible so I watch almost none of it despite the fact I enjoy watching LaLiga teams playing in the Champions and Euro Leagues. Do you find that equally odd? Like all soccer fans must love to watch all different leagues? I watch zero MLS.

It is amazing to me that you are incapable of understanding that people have different tastes. Would my favorite varieties of wine offend you? Would you find fault with my favorite types of liquor? How I prefer my steak prepared? Why is what I like watching on TV any different?

You must be just doing a bit here, playing a role.

1 Like

What part of the presentation? I don’t even understand though. To me I watch golf to see golf, I agree masters coverage improves the product. But I don’t quite understand what random pga event has that’s so much better to offset these nonsense sponsor interviews and commercials and less golf shown

the screen is busy, the shotgun start is horrific in terms of pacing, the focus on the team stuff is detracting, etc.

I understand you might like a lot of those things. It is comical to me that you cannot understand that other people (like me) might not like some of those things.

People are different. Clearly most golf fans don’t like the LIV product. And that isn’t due to propaganda no matter how strongly you want to pretend it is. I’ll drop it now. You go on loving it, I’ll go on finding something better on TV.

What’s the pacing problem?

I am convinced most people who rant about liv non stop would rant against it if they did everything exactly like PGAT, would say they aren’t even doing anything different, etc.

This is the only place I have ever seen discussion of LIV vs PGA tour on the internet. I frequent it for gambling purposes. The only other sports forums I utilize are dedicated to college football and basketball.

Is there anybody ranting about LIV anywhere? It is almost a nonentity on the US sports landscape.

Yes PGAT strategy has been focused around attacking liv

Does any of this really matter now?

LIV 1.0 is now over and dead.

Probably the only question I have now is where is Cam Smith going to play? Golf needs Cam Smith!!!

Yeah, I am curious where the cockroaches scatter.

Literal Rwandan propaganda terms being used here. A total brainwashing campaign that you guys didn’t even follow

Cam is an interesting one. Probably wouldn’t play a full season on the DPWT even if he had the eligibility. Would be really fun to watch him try to grind his way back to a top-50 guy on PGA Tour courses.

1 Like

Funny you keep claiming propaganda when LIV literally had BOTS and paid users pushing their narrative on social media :roll_eyes:

Not sure what that has to do with anything? Obviously LIV hired influencers also, but had maybe 5% of the power of the PGAT who had basically all the companies, the TV networks, Golf channel, 90%+ of media, the world golf rankings, and majors under their influence to varying but mostly massive extent

LIV had progolfcritic and Arlo white

Paying people and setting up bots to create chatter and make LIV look more popular than it was is basically the definition of propaganda.

Of course! But it’s like whining about little corner store vs Wal Mart, ones propaganda is obvious and limited and the other controls the entire environment (and many haven’t even realized they have been bathed in nonstop influence and propaganda)

LIV was an entertainment product that people didn’t find entertaining. They tried making golf appeal to people who weren’t golf fans. Maybe those people just don’t fundamentally like the sport of golf.

PIF didn’t think it was worth the business investment anymore. I guess we’ll see if anyone else thinks it is and if they have enough money to lure players away (no chance, but I guess nothing is 0%).

Of course the tour and LIV championed their product and bashed their competitors. Are you also mad that Pepsi spent years saying their product was better than Coke? Version saying their coverage was better than AT&T? Apple telling PC users they’re old and should buy a Mac? The Miller Lite Bud Light decade long campaign battle.

No but the fact that the entire ecosystem basically repeated Coke‘s lines to try and drive Pepsi out of business when it was in fans best interest to have both Pepsi and Coke as options and competing with each other was mind boggling

It’s hard to compare LIV to the mom and pop corner store when they spent $5+ Billion on that endeavor.