Two events this week.
Sunshine Tour - Kit Kat Group PROAM
Australasian Tour - TPS Victoria hosted by Geoff Ogilvy

Main events:
PGA Tour - AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-am
DP World Tour - Ras al Khaimah Championship presented by Phoenix Capital
Asian Tour - Saudi International
Korn Ferry Tour - Panama Championship

It will be interesting to see how the Asian Tour (a.k.a. LIV Tour) fares going forward. PGA and R&A talk a good game about golf being a global sport but at some point your actions have to match your words. Hoping there won’t be too much hostility towards the Asian Tour.

Certainly Asian Tour has the potential to become a truly global force in the very near future. They can easily hold 2-3 big events in the Middle East and co-sanction another 3 or so big events in Japan/Korea (I’m guessing the Shinhae Donghae Open, Dunlop Phoenix, and Casio World Open). If those ventures are successful they will be moving to Australasia next (Australian Open, Australian PGA). South African Open is another possibility.

With 8-10 quality events I think that will certainly be very competitive with the European Tour and will universally be recognized as one of the three major golf tours.

I’m very impressed by the quality of golf in Thailand, South Korea, and Japan. I think there is definitely enough room for a third major golf tour.

In preparing our website for the Saudi International we realized how bad the Asian Tour website is. Their leaderboard is a big step down from the PGA or European Tours’ (as you would expect). I also don’t know if this event is even going to be televised. That will be one thing they may need to focus on to compete for fan interest.

Here is a link with the TV coverage for the Saudi International:

Link

Hopefully this helps.

Field list for the Australasian Tour is available on the OWGR. I hope to see the predictions posted before the event tees off (but if not, I understand).

Link

In other news, the Saudi International is giving out a whopping 50 World Ranking points to the winner! More than the PGA Tour this week.

1 Like

Mistake on 72 hole matchup power v Tringale I tbink

What do you mean? Mistake by who?

Bet365 power 2.5 v Tringale even though there both 29.0

Ah, yes. I saw that and had to double check we scraped the odds correctly. It’s moved back substantially now:

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 12.05.17 PM

Got it @2.5 thankfully

2 Likes