Travelers Championship

Lots of narratives in play here, including:

• Brooksie vs. Brooks, I’m guessing Brooksie will disappoint while Brooks will morph back into regular event Brooks
  • Bubba back at River Highlands, where he’s won 3 times, including his first win in 2010
  • DJ back as the defending champion, as is the runner-up (and former champion) Kevin Streelman
  • Decent field considering it’s the week after a major

Data Golf is on a lot of underdogs this week, and some of its best plays include:

• Brian Harman (he seems to be on this list every week. Due for a win?)
  • Si Woo Kim
  • Keegan Bradley (Is he “back”? He shows promise here and there but always fades near the end)
  • Abraham Ancer (high finishes but seems to be allergic to winning. Pulls off a Jon Rahm every week with those backdoor Top 10’s and Top 5’s. But Rahm finally won so maybe Ancer can too)

Other golfers to watch:

• Scottie Scheffler (Another Ancer, tons of high finishes but just can’t win. You’d think #1 would come soon, but you never know)
  • Rickie Fowler (Just needs to shoot a 61 after a magical range session then we get to argue forever whether he’s “back”)
  • Garrick Higgo (So he doesn’t win every time, just every other time. He didn’t win last time so maybe he’s due)
  • Matthew Wolff (Maybe he’s “back” too)

Hoping for another topsy-turvy week with lots of underdogs near the top of the leaderboard. Those seem to be the best weeks for bettors who use DataGolf!

2 Likes

Matthew Wolff is a guy I’ll be watching very closely. Seems like he may have turned a corner and be playing well above our current projected skill. However, River Highlands is not a great course for him, being the relatively inaccurate bomber that he is.

I have zero issues with fading that swing…

Probably not the week to back Wolff but it would be good to see him play well again.

You can try him next week at the Rocket Mortgage.

FYI, Bubba Watson won 3 times at this event and Dustin Johnson won once so the inaccurate bombers do have a chance. It’s also true that Reavie, Knox, and Streelman have won so someone like Brian Harman could very well contend.

There is nothing wrong with it.

1 Like