World Wide Technology Championship Sweat Thread

What can I say? The situation is just incredible. Henley, Harman, Dahmen all on the DG radar and all in the T5 as we speak. And there’s more. Lingmerth with a good R4 like always when he’s in form. DG value on some markets. And why not add Lipsky and Spaun to the pile as well.

4 Likes

Yeah… should end up being a huge week. Being doing this a while now, but still never get comfortable with the fact that a successful betting year will likely come from losing a bit most weeks and winning a lot in a few weeks.

3 Likes

Will be good fun with some of the atrocious DP events coming between now and Christmas. Will be interesting to see how many European lads go to South Africa, Australia and Mauritius.

Absolutely incredible week. I think I was on everything. Went pretty hard too. You’ve done it again, DG. Cheers
¨¨¨¨
Production value on this tournament absolute trash though. No shot link and lack of cameras with awful angles way too often because of that.

3 Likes

Does Sweden have their own presenters/coverage, or are they using the American or British feed?

Have to say that the American feed is embarrassingly bad. They’ll go half-screen for five minutes when the leaders are on the 17th hole. When I was watching it at the Zozo, they cut from picture in picture to full screen in the middle of Bradley’s bladed bunker shot on 16, which meant that they missed the shot completely.

At least Sky delays the important shots and plays them after the break.

Yea, Sweden actually have a pretty good coverage with own announcers on every event and extended studio talk on the bigger events. DP and PGA on two different networks+LPGA with their own announcers. All in all about 10-12 different people covering a season. Good mix of former players and so called TV professionals. P-U Johansson, Pierre Fulke, Wille Schaumann are some of the announcers. Former Nick Faldo and Stenson caddy Fanny Suneson doing some work as well, and she’s is an incredible asset when it’s time for the Masters. She’s very interesting to listen to. But I have sky sports too so watch some golf there aswell.

Mr Golf announcer in Sweden was, until his death in 2021 Göran Zachrisson. A true gentleman whos been at the open since the 60s and loved that more than anything. His call of Stensons open win in 2016 still gives me goose bumps. Very mellow and very emotional with beautiful wording. With tears in his eyes and his voice cracking he was unable to finish the call. He and Sven Tumba are the two most important people in Swedish golf history. You have to google them if you’re interested. Sven Tumba legend in many classic swedish sports became very good friends with Jack Nicklaus. And when Sven Tumba died Jack Nicklaus full filled his promise to finalize Sven’s marble Ullna Golf Club (which will host a DPWT event next season). Ullna was what Muirfield is to Jack. Sort of. Ullna is an absolute beauty. Tight, kinda short and right next to a typical swedish lake. Great place and I’ll be there.

Sorry for the long answer. Lost track a bit, but couldn’t help myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely monster week. Henley 5, 10, 20. Lipsky 10, 20. Spaun with a T20. My best week by far in dollars won. Kuchar flamed out and Armour’s Sunday heroics fell just short, but I cannot complain. My net profit this week alone is 42x my starting bankroll from when I found DG. Unreal.

4 Likes

No I did enjoy reading it, it sounds like they’ve got a very decent set-up if they’re able to get in ex-players and caddies of that standard.

1 Like

Wtf you 42x’d your bankroll this year?

I started with DG in August 2020 with $200 and now I’m just barely shy of $20k after this week.

I was +$8450 this week so that was a lot of it.

2 Likes

Wow! That is some run-good. Probably your true bankroll wasn’t $200 in the sense that if you lost that you wouldn’t be done betting, right? Unless you were making 1-2 dollar bets at fairly short odds in the early days.

1 Like

Not sure if I would have reloaded. $200 was my idea of fun money I didn’t mind spending to enhance my Sunday viewing. I was never a sports bettor before finding DG, I’m just a golf fan with an appreciation for data analysis. I still don’t bet any other sports. Since the beginning, probably 95% of my bets have been pre-tournament Top 10 and Top 20 outrights. I use half-kelly with a max bet of 3% of bankroll. Looking at my bet history, my first bets were $3-$6. Crazy to think each of my bets next week could be almost $600.

3 Likes

Nice, that’s a great progression. If you were betting half-Kelly from the beginning then I would say you treated $200 like your actual bankroll. That would be an aggressive staking strategy though if you are strictly following our model’s EV. How many bets do you typically make per week? Have you come up against limits yet or not really?

I’m using the model’s EV but I probably have a pretty high EV edge threshold relative to most. Typically only betting 25%+ edges.

If the lines are juicy on both tours, it’s not unusual for me to have 20-30 individual bets on 10-20 guys. Most weeks it’s either no action at all, or it’s just on one tour, 6-15 total bets from 3-8 players.

Yes, the last couple months or so I’ve run into my first limits. At first I ran into a $125 max bet only on top-10s and top-5s. Then I had a down week or two and it went away. Then this week I had a $250 max bet on certain top-10s and all top-5s. It actually cost me a bunch this week with Henley :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s really impressive mate! I would probably lower the K% unless you won’t lose sleep if you lose 1/2 the roll in a month. Looking back on DG’s old T10 and T20 bets using a very conservative fractional Kelly there are still some massive swings.

DG has been on an absolute heater. Since the bet tracker was implemented I’m up over 100 units with a >38% ROI (~265 units wagered aggregate). One losing week out of 6.

New bookmaker limits imposed after the big wins last week. $125 max bet :weary:

2 Likes