2022 PGA Tour Recap

Hey all! 2022 was a great year for me! Thanks DG! Here’s to hoping 2023 is even better! Some highlights:

*Favorite Win: Scottie Scheffler @ The Masters
*Favorite Round: Justin Thomas R2 @ The Players
*Favorite Live Moment: Sam Ryder’s Ace on #16 @ The WMPO
*Biggest Outright Win: Russ Henley @ Mayakoba
*Golfer Who Made Me The Most Money: Rory McIlroy
*Golfer Who Lost Me The Most Money: Tommy Kim

Cheers Y’all! Keep crushing!

1 Like

Good thread, I’ll add my contributions plus the Euro Tour

*Favorite Win: List at Torrey Pines
*Favorite Round: Burns R4 at Colonial
*Favorite Live Moment: I had Burns for both his wins, which were playoffs. I believe he made a ridiculous birdie putt in both of them, so either of those.
*Biggest Outright Win: Longest odds were List at 80/1, I stake all my outright bets to win the same amount.
*Golfer Who Made Me The Most Money: Sam Burns
*Golfer Who Lost Me The Most Money: Wyndham Clark or Joseph Bramlett
*“I’m an Absolute Moron” award: Not betting Henley at Mayakoba because of his poor course history.

Euro Tour

*Favorite Win: Otaegui at Valderrama
*Favorite Round: Fox R4 Alfred Dunhill
*Favorite Live Moment: Yannik Paul falling over the line in Mallorca after Armitage missed a two foot putt then put a drive OOB.
*Biggest Outright Win: Longest odds were Fox at 75/1.
*Golfer Who Made Me The Most Money: Ryan Fox
*Golfer Who Lost Me The Most Money: Langasque or Norgaard Moller. Would have been Rozner but for his win in the last event of the year.
*“I’m an Absolute Moron” award: Backing Fox for a tournament in UAE, misses the cut on the number, tournament very bomber-heavy leaderboard (N Hojgaard wins from Jordan Smith). Skip him the next week on the same course, he wins by five.

2 Likes

Favourite win: List @ Torrey, Henley @ Mayakoba, or Eugenio @ Bangkok were all pretty satisfying from a betting standpoint.

Favourite round: Final round of PGA Championship, even though we were on the losing end with Mito.

Favourite live moment: Mullinax birdieing 18 to win at the Barbasol was good.

Biggest outright win: Spaun @ Valero.

Golfer who made me the most money: Anirban Lahiri, Scottie Scheffler.

Golfer who lost me the most (betting against): Spieth, Burns, Migliozzi, Tom Kim.

4 Likes

Does not merit its own post, but just wanted to give a shout out to the excellent deep dive on JT’s approach play (as well as the tool accompanying it) as well as the roll-out of Letzig’s latest.

Very interesting and insightful writing which is what most of us came here for initially. The Ferrari I just bought with 2022’s winnings is just a nice bonus…

1 Like