Adrian Meronk - Upside, Goals, Results

Hi Everyone, just found this site and the forum. Been really following Adrian Meronk for a while now and wondering what other objective golf fans think about his game?
He is great Tee to Green and some weeks Putting or Shots Around the Green lets him down, but overall his game definitely is on the rise and he has 2 more Majors and some other big events this summer to:

1. Earn Ryder Cup automatic selection
  2. Earn PGA Tour Card for 2024 via STM or DPWT Top 10 Pts
  3. Earn Top 35 Overall OWGR
    Thanks for any conversation. Next tourney is the Canadian Open!
1 Like

Love Meronk! I think he has a lot of potential. How do you think he will play at Royal Liverpool Golf Club for The Open Championship? Any idea how his “links style” game is?

1 Like

He has had mixed results so far having missed the cut at the Scottish open and driving pretty poorly in The Open and making the cut. He has done pretty well in the Alfred Dunhill links cup . I actually think he will do well in the Canadian Open and the US open prior to going back over to Europe.

1 Like

I followed him for 3 days in Austin TX for the Dell Match Play Championships and he played great but lost in a playoff to Kitayama and had a chance to knock him out and advance. Meronk also played well in the Hero Cup, DPWT Match play event (no points) but pitting UK & Ireland vs Continental Europe.

This sort of touched on what I wanted to try and use Datagolf for once before funds issues stopped my experiment is how golfers develop. I don’t have a clear picture and I don’t think it’s broadly defined. I do think most suspect long hitters have higher potential than other types of players but it would be fascinating to see aging curves or development projects

2 Likes

I hear ya @hogtrough. I am not even thinking much based on analytics (although I am here to listen to and learn from anyone who has something to point out), but more just “have you watched him for a while and are you seeing progression and improvement?” Obv. 2 wins in the last 6 months is positive, but I have seen such improvement in other areas (driving accuracy and chipping around the green) that I feel like he is just on the cusp the way others like Kitayama, Theegala, Fox, and Cameron Young were a year ago and prior to big breakthrough seasons. He’s more than just a long hitter, but no doubt driving is his strength.

Sure, sorry my point was not really Meronk related but a broader topic. Like is Tom Kim not truly a great prospect because he doesn’t have the distance? Like hes a Zach Davies type pitching prospect bc he just doesn’t have the velo?

Actually, Tom Kim was another example I was going to present above, correct he is not overly long, but he totally passed the “eye test” for me early on that he was going to be successful and that’s kind of what I feel about Meronk, is that he has that it factor that can pull off miraculous shot when needed and just hates losing so bad. I predict long-term success for both of them

I do wonder if Meronk :poland: could end up a flash in the pan like Dubuisson, Colsaerts, Manassero, and others who have had some big wins on the DPWT and even made a Ryder Cup but didn’t stay relevant for very long afterwards.

Curious if anybody has put any money on Meronk this weekend or to make the cut? A Top 25 is where I see him finishing.

1 Like

I just bet him -115 in his 3 ball tomorrow vs Brown/Bae.

1 Like

He actually has a pretty good record beating his group and is in good shape after that first round. They go out first thing tomorrow at 7:00am and hopefully can post a good score.
He ended 2nd in SG OTT after the 1st Round, but missed a few approaches and didn’t get up and down to save par.

Poor driving killed him in Round 2. Off to Los Angeles for the U.S. Open, will see if better results are to follow.