Asian Golf Tour - Superleague

Round 2 and 3 leaders
Adjusted place odds
Adjusted matchup/group odds would be nice too (for things like nationality props)

The biggest thing would be the adjusted place odds. That’s where you can earn the most money

1 Like

Anyway at this point I’m following the Norman/Mickelson saga for the soap opera elements, the golf is kind of a sideshow

We’re seeing some real fractures in the world of golf

What are adjusted place / matchup / group?

For example let’s say 18 holes have been played
Then the sub tour model would have the previous scores and the adjusted skill levels for each golfer

Then when you push “simulate” you can get the win and place odds for each golfer

For Matchup and group odds I would like to manually choose the golfers to include in the matchup/group before simulating. The other golfers are needed because we need to account for the cut too, but they’re excluded in the final calculation of the odds

Basically I need to get similar information that I can get from the Prop page for PGA Tour/European Tour

Oh, I see. I was confused because I didn’t understand why you couldn’t do this in the prop tool. But you want this for other tours. It’s possible but it requires us having access to good leaderboards with clean ID systems, which can be hard to come by on the minor circuits.

International Series England is coming next week

We’re getting some defections from the DP World Tour. Let’s see if they get Phil Mickelson’d

Phil, show up. PGA Tour has already handed you a lifetime ban, they can’t ban you twice

Leaders of Rounds 2 and 3
Adjusted place odds would be nice, as would adjusted matchup/group odds (for things like nationality props)

The adjusted place odds would be the most important factor. That is where you will make the most money.

Here we go!

Lots of big names in the first Invitational Series event

Thank you Dustin Johnson, when Norman talked about a 2 time Major Champion I was thinking of Bubba Watson, this is quite a scoop

Talor Gooch and Kevin Na are two more big scalps

Still 6 more spots, I’d probably lean towards Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Harold Varner III, Peter Uihlein, and the winner of International Series England (if not otherwise eligible)

Invitational Series event not listed in the OWGR site
I understand that there is a vendetta against Greg Norman and LIV Investments but I think this is going a bridge too far
So, no World Golf Rankings points awarded for these events?

If LIV events will eventually count for OWGR points (which my guess is they will, if the tour succeeds to any degree) it will probably just take time. The Hero World Challenge didn’t award points either for a long time even though it was an elite field.

I thought this was part of the Asian Tour?

No these LIV Invitational events aren’t associated with the Asian Tour.

Matt, any plans to cover the LIV events?

We’re working on it now, hopefully posted by end of the day.

1 Like

Under matchup/3-balls tool it says 72-hole matchup, but I suppose the simulations is done with 54 holes and that 72-hole text is just by default?

Yes, that’s correct. An unfortunate naming convention we chose… didn’t envision 54-hole events taking off :grin:.

(This tour is doomed to fail though: format is awful, players don’t care, fans won’t care).

3 Likes

I think there is a vague association (LIV is financially supporting something like 10 Asia tour events, and providing special exemptions for Asia tour players) but it is certainly not an Asia tour event.

i hope you’re right! I definetely don’t see the need for it. And hearing arguments like if the players are making sacrificiës for the game of golf, expanding it and blah blah blah is just ridiculous. Saw the “team names” on twitter earlier. Cringe. It is good though with a bit of competition and a chance for the PGAT and DPWT to prove that history and tradition is more important for the game of golf.

Nah I think betting is the most important part for the game of golf (LOL)

The more betting options the better (especially those +EV ones)

1 Like

Even if you think that, LIV – as a small, no-cut event – is going to be terrible for betting (and fantasy). I’m guessing you found basically no value this week, and this problem is only going to get worse as its the same 48 players playing courses for which nobody has any data every week.

For whatever reasons golf tournaments with no cuts tend to suck (see WGCs over the last years for evidence).

1 Like