Asian Golf Tour - Superleague

Actually I found great value in a couple props but we’ll see what happens going forward

If this league waters down the field on the PGA Tour it will be Christmas every week on the PGA Tour. Opposite field events is where you can find loads of value and if we have the equivalent of that every other week, we’ll have some awesome betting opportunities

I’m more optimistic than most. I’m also very curious to see what impact this has on the growth of golf in Asia. I’m guessing it will be considerable and we’ll see many many world class players develop and continue to play in the Asian Tour

I guess you’re right

Not sure why you think it’s going to have such an impact on golf popularity in Asia. Of the 8 events there’s only 1 in Asia, the rest are around the world and mostly in the US

2 Likes

LIV investments pretty much bought out the Asian Tour and the International Series is an example

The last International Series event had a DP World Tour quality field

If they double the prize money for these events you’ll see a ton of defections from the DP World Tour. We’ve already seen quite a few

Also DeChambeau and Reed are joining the Invitational Series. LIV is definitely picking up momentum

Won’t be providing team odds this week. Just don’t have the parts in place yet.

FWIW here’s my team pick :joy::

1 Like

The strongest teams seem to be:
Majesticks
Stinger
Torque

I think Stinger is the best team. Will be looking at outright and T3 prices

completely agree with you

Watching first round footage

It looks like competitive golf to me. The players are trying

Also the course is tough as nails. Tougher than an average PGA Tour course for sure

still no leaderboard on the website, or anywhere.

Can’t even find a leaderboard on the official site. Everything about this and that and cool team names, but a simple leaderboard seem to have the lowest of priorities.

Ya this whole thing just makes me really sad for golf. Beginning of the end, potentially.

1 Like

It was fun to watch

They really should have spent some of the $$$ in simple things like:

• Leaderboard
  • Shotlink
  • Direct link to TV coverage

I mean, this stuff isn’t rocket science

1 Like

Alright, enjoy the event Daniel. It’s completely meaningless golf, and it’s also leading us towards having top guys on 2 tours, which means a shit product for fans.

1 Like

It’s all about the $$$
In my case it’s about making $$$ betting golf
More events, the better! Thanks, Data Golf!

1 Like

Any chance we’ll see the scratch tools get updated for LIV Golf?
Politics aside I’m seeing some great money making opportunities
The bookmakers have been caught cold!

The PGA Tour let this happen unfortunately with prize pools that were not competitive enough and a pretty bland products for years.

The average age of someone watching the PGA Tour is 65 so the future was never looking very bright anyway and they clearly missed the mark on capturing the younger audience. Personally I got sick of the week in week out ad-fest that a PGA Tour broadcast had become and only watch final rounds and majors.

LIV are trying to make golf ‘cool’ as best they can.
The guy who is producing the LIV golf product completely reinvented cricket on TV with the T20 big bash. The teams also have cheesy names like the KnightRiders but to be honest it doesn’t matter. I’m from NZ so trust me when I say cricket was like watching paint dry before that came along so I’m hopeful that this could work.

Also the money is definitely important and shouldn’t be so taboo to talk about in golf tournaments. If you think someone won’t be proud to win this week while also getting paid your dead wrong.

If it wasn’t for the moral high ground taken by a lot of people not invested in its success I’m sure we would have seen more people move over as well and undoubtedly will in the future.

The PGA Tour statement today came across like a hypocritical moral bashing bully and it was very sad to see.

Think about LIV like this - if you started paying teachers 200k per year in a very short space of time the quality of teachers you have applying for jobs is going to increase massively. So will the quality of golf we will get to see soon. Every young kid from Asia and Europe will practice 2x harder now that they know this opportunity exists and it’s not just about grinding out a win in the Italian open for 150k.

Golf is in the best space it’s been right now for a very long time and only good things will come from this.

Sorry for the wall of text.

No. There is no leaderboard and we aren’t entering scores manually for this event.

1 Like

DraftKings put out the leaderboard after Round 1