Asian Golf Tour - Superleague

Ya we aren’t updating throughout this week. It requires a certain level of infrastructure that we don’t have yet for LIV.

1 Like

7398 charl schwartzel 67
19421 hennie du plessis 68
18149 phachara khongwatmai 69
14559 scott vincent 69
11952 branden grace 70
10886 justin harding 70
1547 phil mickelson 71
12422 dustin johnson 71
19866 sam horsfield 71
14795 laurie canter 71
12819 oliver bekker 72
14975 adrian otaegui 72
7046 hideto tanihara 72
11357 peter uihlein 72
21997 chase koepka 72
18580 talor gooch 73
5689 sergio garcia 73
7532 wade ormsby 73
26000 ian snyman 73
20882 viraj madappa 73
29230 james piot 73
7672 louis oosthuizen 74
9133 pablo larrazabal 74
7452 kevin na 75
6516 richard bland 75
7677 shaun norris 75
14904 ryosuke kinoshita 75
14209 jinichiro kozuma 75
18174 jc ritchie 75
22738 jediah morgan 75
27275 ratchanon chantananuwat 75
28571 turk pettit 75
10863 oliver fisher 75
8605 matt jones 76
8117 martin kaymer 76
7548 graeme mcdowell 76
22668 kevin yuan 76
28984 david puig 76
4052 lee westwood 77
1435 ian poulter 77
14706 hudson swafford 77
19232 travis smyth 77
19844 sadom kaewkanjana 78
16425 itthipat buranatanyarat 78
9531 bernd wiesberger 79
13307 shiwan kim 80
19234 blake windred 80
27597 andy ogletree 84

1 Like

Nobody is talking about how impressive Phil’s 71 was.

Phil played well
His last tournament appearance was in the Saudi International. Finished in the Top 20, one of his better performances in the last 2 years
Somehow I don’t think this is a coincidence

So far from a betting perspective the LIV event has been an absolute dream
Mispriced props everywhere
Well it’s not over and I might lose money, but the +EV has been off the charts

1 Like

no idea where he found this but its good to know they are keeping track.

Sergio first in distance, 4th in fairways, first in GIR (16!) and 36 putts LMAO.

Please don’t let politics prevent you from making money
Thank you Datagolf for providing the initial projections

I read that they regulated books need approval from the state gambling commissions before dealing lines. So nothing in Colorado at the moment. Bookmaker and BOL R2 lines look really sharp to me.

We’ll cover the events. It’s not politics (although I’m not saying that that shouldn’t be a consideration), this is objectively awful for golf.

1 Like

Well I’m seeing great +EV bets

Also I’ve said over and over that watered down fields = great betting opportunities

I don’t think you are appreciating the quality of the overall PGA Tour product, including the leaderboard / shot tracker, how the event is run, the quality and variety of courses they play, the entire feeder system that allows players to earn spots, Monday Qs, etc. Also there is a lot of history with the tour – the PGA Tour is everything we know in modern golf (apart from the majors). I do agree that the TV broadcasts on a regular week are pretty much unwatchable in the early rounds.

I also don’t think the teacher example goes through because the Saudis are clearly paying golfers way more than they are worth, and that can’t go on forever. This venture seems like it could die in 5 years or so unless it changes drastically, or if the investors are ok with losing millions every year (which they might be if they have other motives for running this tour). They don’t have a business model that can support the guaranteed cash they are giving players (there is no business model in pro golf that could support it, IMO). I know it’s an upfront investment but they simply aren’t recouping 500M dollars anytime soon through revenue.

I also don’t know why people seem to dislike 72-hole stroke play with a cut. To me that has proven to be far and away the best format for professional golf, from an entertainment standpoint and also for betting/fantasy. The Ryder Cup is an exception, but it’s kind of the exception that proves the rule because it has so many good things going for it that are required to make it a compelling format (see Presidents Cup for an example of a mediocre team event). Just like the WGCs, I think these 48-player no-cut events will be snooze fests. Adding in the fact that these tournaments are completely meaningless apart from the cash (which I personally find it hard to get excited about), and the LIV format does nothing for me.

Finally I think it is terrible that some of the top guys will now be on LIV and some will be on the PGA Tour. I don’t think that’s good for the game. Clearly I am having a visceral reaction to this so perhaps I am overreacting, but to me there isn’t much positive to take away from this right now. I know nothing about cricket, so I’ll read up on that.

3 Likes

LIV leaderboard: Charl Schwartzel leads, Dustin Johnson is second, and Phil Mickelson is seventh after the first round in London.

After the first 18 holes of the 2022 LIV Golf Invitational at the Centurion Club in London, Charl Schwartzel has a one-shot lead. Dustin Johnson and Phil Mickelson are tied for eighth place right now.
The course’s conditions varied greatly, but soft greens abound, along with what seemed to be some tight fairways that taxed the ability to shape the ball off the tee. During the shotgun format, the most of the streaming coverage was with Johnson, Mickelson, and Scott Vincent, who started on the first hole.
This was frequently broken by interruptions to display the remainder of the field with “Don’t Blink” highlights of outstanding shots from all around the course. If a shotgun format encourages players to compete in novel ways, having multiple broadcast streams accessible to watch the rest of the field may be beneficial.
A leaderboard that is accessible online may be useful as well. But, in the meanwhile…
The entire scoreboard for all 48 participants after Round 1 of the LIV Golf Invitational London is available below, with Round 2 starting tomorrow at 9:15 a.m. ET.
If you are planning to play golf yourself, check here.

LIV Golf London tournament, first round leaderboard

Pos Golfer Score
1 Charl Schwartzel -5
2 Hennie Du Plessis -4
T3 Phachara Khongwatmai -3
T3 Scott Vincent -3
T5 Branden Grace -2
T5 Justin Harding -2
T7 Phil Mickelson -1
T7 Dustin Johnson -1
T7 Sam Horsfield -1
T7 Laurie Canter -1
T11 Oliver Bekker E
T11 Adrian Otaegui E
T11 Hideto Tanihara E
T11 Peter Uihlein E
T11 Chase Koepka E
T16 Talor Gooch +1
T16 Sergio Garcia +1
T16 Wade Ormsby +1
T16 Ian Snyman +1
T16 Viraj Madappa +1
T16 James Piot +1
T22 Louis Oosthuizen +2
T22 Pablo Larrazabal +2
T24 Kevin Na +3
T24 Richard Bland +3
T24 Shaun Norris +3
T24 Ryosuke Kinoshita +3
T24 Jinichiro Kozuma +3
T24 JC Ritchie +3
T24 Jediah Morgan +3
T24 Ratchanon Chantananuwat +3
T24 Turk Pettit +3
T24 Oliver Fisher +3
T34 Matt Jones +4
T34 Martin Kaymer +4
T34 Graeme McDowell +4
T34 Kevin Yuan +4
T34 David Puig +4
T39 Lee Westwood +5
T39 Ian Poulter +5
T39 Hudson Swafford +5
T39 Travis Smyth +5
T43 Sadom Kaewkanjana +6
T43 Itthipat Buranatanyarat +6
45 Bernd Wiesberger +7
T46 Shiwan Kim +8
T46 Blake Windred +8
48 Andy Ogletree +12

It took a while but LIV finally has a leaderboard now

Thanks Data Golf for all your hard work and I sincerely hope that your personal and political beliefs won’t prevent you from doing great work and helping us make $$$

Matt has already responded multiple times to you making this exact same point. We all get it; you’ve had a few bets on this.

9 Likes

course api
https://www.livgolf.com/api/champion/tournaments/courses/1

player scores
http://www.livgolf.com/api/champion/tournaments/players/1/2

was working now its down

Absolute joke this is. Pouring billions of dollars in to this but can’t even manage the fundamentals. Leaderboard obviously doesn’t work.

5 Likes

Yeah if I had $100 billion to burn on golf one of the first things I would have done was to create a quality website and install Shotlink

You still have $99 billion after all that

1 Like

The video production is very very good though. They show 3X the number of shots compared to a regular PGA Tour broadcast and they even show the bad shots

It gives you a clearer picture of what’s going on

Great start to the LIV league
I watched the tournament and found the coverage entertaining, lots of shots and no commercials
Very little fluff content
All the players were clearly trying, this was not an exhibition event
Course was tough too so anyone who was off their game got embarrassed

And the books didn’t seem to have the infrastructure in place either so there were mispriced props galore. Tons of +EV bets and ended up making a decent profit for the week

Going forward, I’d be happy with the coverage even if the info was only released in the Sub Tours section. Maybe that’s ideal anyway since this makes it more difficult for books to make huge line adjustments on dozens of props within minutes