Do Round 1 projections include starting strokes

Do Round 1 Datagolf projections include starting strokes? It looks like FD is offering lines w and without starting strokes for round 1. Both are displayed in the same column under Round 1 DG projections.

1 Like

Round 1 probabilities do not include starting strokes (are the FD odds we’ve posted correct? In that they don’t account for starting strokes?).

You can simulate 72-hole matchups with or without starting strokes on the custom h2h tool, or using the PGA/OPP props pages (PGA has starting strokes, OPP doesn’t, which should be clear). If you wanted to simulate a round 1 matchup with starting strokes, I guess you could just the handicap option on the custom h2h tool.

I think it was a mistake by FD. I saw they eventually took those lines down. Using the custom head to head tool to simulate a handicapped round 1 matchup the lines were way too off

For example, I believe that market on FD had Scheffler as only around a -150 to -160 fav against Hovland

Yes, you are exactly right. FD was off on those. After your response, I went to get that Scottie line, and they had taken that market down. DG was correct. Thanks!

2 Likes

When looking at the Full Tournament matchups (Draftkings in particular) do the Datagolf odds incorporate starting strokes?

Yes, Scratch Tools include starting strokes.

Matt - sorry I am new here. My book offers “Tournament Matchups excluding starting handicaps”. I’ve read through the thread but don’t know what PGA/OPP props pages are. What is the easiest way to find tournament-long odds without handicaps in place? If i use the Custom H2h tool and populate the handicap strokes section, how do i know which player the handicap is being applied to?

Go to Scratch Tools → Custom Matchup Tool. Once there, in the ‘Restrict Players By Event’ dropdown menu, select ‘Opp’ and you’ll have the projections with no starting strokes.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a bit confusing this week. You can find the props pages under Scratch Tools → Betting Tools (for the relevant tour) in the banner, although this week I noticed we never added an Opposite section. The opp props page is here.

The handicap helps the player listed to the left (see info icon for the details).