I think we need a quick thread here to just come to an agreement that Rory was the best player in the world this year.
– He won the scoring title despite playing one of the toughest schedules
– Top of the list strokes gained at the end of the year by quite a bit
– Best score in the four majors by like 10 shots
– Did not miss a cut at a major. If you want to be the undisputed top dog, you cannot MC at the PGA Championship-- totally unacceptable.
– Three of Scheffler’s wins were totally lucky-- the match play Fitz pushed him to like 6 extra holes and was clearly playing at the same level. Bay Hill was like the luckiest thing I have ever seen, and his immovable obstruction relief to chip-in for birdie on 3 at Augusta was like a 3 shot swing vs the score he should have made.
Tell me I am wrong!