What's up with Victor Dubuisson?

7 W/D/RETD in 16 starts this season. A couple more last season. So what’s up with that? Just don’t care when playing shit, or some injury problem that don’t make it worth it when playing like shit? Or playing shit when feeling some sort of pain and therefor withdrawing. Seems weird either way and time for DG to incorporate this as a heavy factor in the model :stuck_out_tongue:

Add another DQ to the pile. Unbelievable that they even let him keep playing in events.

2 Likes

2 out of 7 starts in 2023.

You’ll never guess what he has just done.

3 Likes

Day’s ruined with shocking news like that! :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Shocked seeing Victor is only 33yo. I remember reading an article a long time ago where they asked Euro tour guys who the most ‘talented’ golfer was on the tour and Dubuisson won the vote. Feels like he’s had a fall, a comeback, and another fall since then and he isn’t even old.

1 Like

Dubuisson just retired from golf apparently. Funny tweet from Ben Coley. https://twitter.com/BenColeyGolf/status/1732117607501734387

2 Likes

Haha, yeah, that was funny.

And finally some comments from the man himself. Via Google translate

“I’ve been thinking for a few years about the fact that I’ve been away from being a professional golfer for some time now. I found it more and more difficult to cope with life on the Tour. It’s great, but the loneliness had become extremely heavy. At least for me. I feel like I have reached my limits and I know that I can find pleasure elsewhere ,” admits the 33-year-old from Cannes.

“I understand these frustrations. I even agree with that. Yes, I could have done more […] I was not at all predestined to have this career. A lot of people will say that I could have done more and that I could have been world number 1. But my strength is to be satisfied with what I had. I’m quite happy with it. I don’t live in regret. »

“I actually received an invitation 10 days ago and I am flattered. It was a great opportunity, but I thought about it a lot and it’s not what I want deep down. I know this may be shocking but I’m not a money person. I don’t organize my life according to that,” explains a Dubuisson on whom the pressure never seemed to have a hold.

“I started from nothing so I’m extremely happy with what I’ve done. […] I didn’t play golf for myself, but for my family. I had to earn a living quickly for my mother and my sister. It was a huge pressure. I was 50 times less stressed at the Ryder Cup. »

“I’m happy and relieved. There is no going back anymore. »

3 Likes

Superb sentiment. All the best to the man.

1 Like