Thread of career crashes and resurrections (E.V.Rooyen edition)

Wtf happend? Besides the ridiculous pants.

1 Like

Yikes. Same question should be asked of Dahmen… although at least with him it’s mainly the putter.

2 Likes

Dahmen’s accuracy with the driver has dipped as well. That was his biggest strength.

Ollie Bekker.

And I’m not buying the dip.

1 Like

Oliver “Bitcoin” Bekker

3 Likes

He qualified for the Open with aplomb.

EDIT: No he didn’t, he collapsed after his first round lol.

1 Like

I have nothing against south africans, just so that is said! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Birdie free -11 stableford score (80) ROUND 2 for Frittelli at the Barracuda.

2 Likes

Another one in the making? Some serious drop on Jazz

He lost 6.7 strokes OTT at Barbasol and over 6 strokes in R1 at Royal Liverpool. That’s some serious problems. So extreme it might be something beyond having bad form in golf.

2 Likes

Seeing Van Rooyen having a bounce back (still some resistance around 200) I thought I change the thread’s name.

I happend to see Kyle Stanley in the entry list for a stage 1 DPWT Q-school event next week. Didn’t realize he’d fallen so hard. He was 24th on the DG ranks in october 2018. Jordan Spieth is no 24 today, playing in the RC next week. No other comparisons made, but kind of hard imagining him in a Q-school event in Denmark, first stage in 2028.

3 Likes

Frittelli somehow resurrected himself, although I’m not convinced he’s fully back. The drips (driver yips) aren’t ever truly vanquished.

3 Likes

Need to follow up on this. This looks like capitulation. But it has to be some sort of injury involved here. Or something personal that’s gone wrong. Jazz Janewattananond Stats | Data Golf

4 Likes

A post on how different skills develop, regress and fluctuate over years would be fascinating. I think many people suspect a young golfer who is good at ball striking has a lot more potential than even one who might be better at the time but relies on chipping and putting. Would be interesting to see what goes first, putting or driving. Which is easier to improve to a top 20 level, which players have seen huge leaps in what categories, etc